Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 890

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format

filtration for sepia tones

Can someone give me some starting colorhead filtration for Fuji Crystal Archive paper (RA-4) to obtain deep sepia tones?
    Thanks, Les

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you looking to print this from B & W negs?

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, I want to give it a try. I might even try contact printing large format negs. The border color is not important as I will either crop or mask the area outside the neg. For the enlargements I will have the easel for the borders. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The precise filtration will vary somewhat depending on the enlarger's light source. See test sample of a B&W neg done at 75Y, 75M. Raising the filters a bit more can yield more of a brown without the reddish overtones. Once you establish the correct exposure, you need to experiment with the filtration until you get something you like. A wide variety of tones is possible and you may find that what you like can vary with the specific image. Experiment a lot, keep good notes and let us see some results. O yeah, and have fun!

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marshtone.jpg  
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Les

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bob,
    Thanks. Very nice tones. That is the kind of effect I am looking for. What format was the original?
    Les

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Printed from a 6x7 neg T-Max 100.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin