Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,641   Online: 1016

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst laborator 1000 FILTER USE

I have an Durst Laborator 1000. Its not fitted with an filterdrawer. I have Kodak Polymax 150x150mm contrastfilters. Do i lay them over the condensors or lay them on the open metal ring under the lens? Any adwise?

Shooter
    Medium Format

And yes

The convexe sides of the condenso have som scratches on the absolute top point. Looks like they once up on a time have been merged in an accident. Will this bee a huge problems in my prints?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Which head? Mine has a colour head so I can't help but IIRC a couple of different condensor heads.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If yours has a knob next to the lens mount, then its used to swing a filter between the negative & the lens. Since I have a color head, I've never looked closely at this feature.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    The convexe sides of the condenso have som scratches on the absolute top point. Looks like they once up on a time have been merged in an accident. Will this bee a huge problems in my prints?
    I too had hairline marks on two of my L1000 condensers until I was able to replace them. IIRC, the marks were invisible under the usual range of magnifications unless the lens was stopped way down (e.g., f/16). There also might have been an issue with point light sources. Additionally, I had a chip in the corner of my 180-2 condenser that was definitely visible when printing 4x5 negatives...

BTW, when changing condensers on the L1000, one should always withdraw the lower one first, but insert the lower one second. Otherwise, the upper condenser can slip onto the lower one and mark them both. :-(

For filters, I would usually drop one into a cardboard frame and move it around under the lens.

Wonderful enlarger, BTW. I bolted mine to the wall and replaced the baseboard with a second-hand countertop to extend the working area.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin