Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,600   Online: 885

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought the Beseler CB-7 not too long ago and had to have the guy who sold it to me delivered in a van, otherwise I would have to make a major disassembly at his house (he didn't like it that was why he volunteered to deliver it free). I had to completely disassemble the CB-7 to clean and fix it up any way. Now I have a very nice CB-7 with the dichroic head.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mine is 45" tall. The baseboard is 26" long. I can't imagine you're going to get it in your backseat standing up, but who knows.

I'd still take off the head. One little retaining clip.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just picked it up earlier today. It fix perfectly in my truck laid down on its side. Gotta get up early tomorrow, so i'll post some more about it tomorrow

Shooter
    35mm
    So right off last night I noticed 2 problems nwhile I was playing with it.

One is the numbers on the magenta dial don't line up properly, you can turn it past 0. It still works fine, but that clear plastic disk with the numbers on it that turns with the dial must have come loose somehow.

The second is that the head doesn't sit flush with the negative carrier. The head has a flange or something along the bottom of it that prevents it from being mounted completely flush with the mechanism that raises and lowers it. This is causing the bottom to protrude forward slightly. I'll try to post some pics of it tonight.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry guys, I think I had the flu all week, been feeling like crap. Anyways, here's the pictures.

Here's the part about the head not sitting level.

Here is what is causing it:

That little tab is preventing the head from sitting flush with that plate. If its ok, I could dremel a pair of notches into the corners of the plate to make clearance. What do you guys think?

Here's the dial:

The inner workings are rather complicated, i'd really like an exploded view diagram or something before I start digging in to fix this. I can't even find a manual for this thing anywhere though.

I appreciate any help you guys can give. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canon EOS 40D 0561.jpg   Canon EOS 40D 0562.jpg   Canon EOS 40D 0565.jpg   Canon EOS 40D 0563.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very nice. I have a manual for the 23C II-XL online if you want it here. I don't think it talks about the color head though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin