Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,093   Posts: 1,636,038   Online: 1217

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Beseler 23C II dichro and stuff

So I responded to a craigslist ad for the above enlarger and a big assortment of darkroom stuff for the princely sum of 75 dollars. I am going to have to drive an hour or two depending on traffic to pick it up, and I was wondering how I should transport it, as well as what to look for to make sure it is in good condition.

I've got a big buick, so overall space isn't an issue, but I was scanning posts in this forum I noticed people suggest disassembling certain delicate parts to ensure they don't break during transportation.

Any other info or suggestions would be appreciated. I am really excited about this, but also bummed because the room I am going to use is still full of junk I need to get rid of. I wasn't expecting to find a good deal on exactly what I was looking for almost immediately after deciding to make a darkroom. :o

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    check the bellows for pin holes.

you can take the dichro head off and move the negative stage down as far as it will go. You could take the base board off.
    also check that the gears on the rails are in good condition as well as the bearings on the rail that moves the head up and down.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never used this specific enlarger before so a description on how to do those things would be nice. Unless its pretty obvious once I see it.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just bought a 23cII and put it together yesterday. The condenser head on mine is only held on by one bar. Remove the retaining clip at the end of the bar, pull out the bar, and the head is completely disconnected from the rails. Make sure the stage is locked when you do this - probably best to do it all the way up since it's counter weighted for the weight of the head.

You could also remove the rails from the baseboard - 8 machine screws hold it on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is some info on the 23c dichro models: http://www.oresteen.com/bess23c.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is great, I just got home with a Beseler dichro 67s that popped up on Craigs list yesturday. I just sat it in the back of my chevy suburban sitting on its base board as it would be in the darkroom. I took the long way home makeing a few stops. No issues at all. I guess that is not an option with a buick however. Anyway, good luck getting it home.

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I will definitely have to lay it down. The space inside this thing is endless, unless you want to stand up. How tall are these things anyways?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well mine is a 67s and not a 23, and its a double post and not the single center one. I don't know if any of that matters, but mine is 37 inches tall.

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    I carried the 23cII and both the condenser and dichroic head in the back seat of the Saturn L300 without any problem

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool, I think it may fit standing up in the back seat. I'm just used to the massive 4x5 enlargers we have at school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin