Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,384   Online: 923

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does anyone know the difference between:

Saunders/LPL Super Dichroic 4500II

and

Saunders LPL 670 DXL ?

Thanks. I would appreciate anything you might have to say about those enlargers.

Cheers! It's a beautiful rainy day.

Shooter
    Large Format
    The 670 only goes as far as 6x7 negs, the 4500 is for 4x5 negs and smaller. Other than that the mixing chamber and dichoric colors are very similar.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks very much, Jorge!

If you are buying new, the Saunders/LPL 4x5 to get would be the XLG model. the 4x5 is probably more substantial than the medium format version and therefore preferable even for medium format printing.

I mention the XLG model because B&H and Calumet seem to be offering it at clearance prices. Given the choice, I'd buy from Calumet myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    as i mentioned in another post, the xlg 4550 vcce enlarger from b&h was $1649.00 and included a free 14x17 saunders 4 bladed easel. i couldn't be happier with the one i bought. ( i could be richer, but not happier )

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My e*ay Saunders LPL 670 DXL coup just arrived... it looks brand new, although it's not.... and I paid under $250, timer included.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin