Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,464   Online: 1183

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Zone IV Workshop by Fred Picker is much more approachable for a beginner than Saint Ansel's books IMHO, although they belong in any decent library of photographica as well.
    Fred's book lays out the basics of testing your paper and getting a good print in a pretty straight forward and easy to follow way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Barbaum's book always blows my mind. That being said, I agree with bdial that something more approachable might be in order. I'd recommend Tim Rudman's "The Photographer's Master Printing Course: In Association with 'Amateur Photographer'." It's approachable and will answer everything you need to know for quite some time.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a copy of "Photography" by Barb and John Upton. It covers all aspects of film photography, from theory to completed photo, as well as display. Good section on exposure, developing, and printing.
    Oh yea- I just happen to have a copy for sale cheap in the clasifieds.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I concur with ralnphot... I have a copy of "Photography" by Uptoms that I bought for 75 cents (I got lucky) at a local library book sale. Very well written and covers many topics still very well applicable today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure if this site is comprehensive enough for you or not, but here it is:http://www.darkroomsource.net/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin