Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,918   Online: 1012

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Kaiser make very nice medium, small, format enlargers. You can still get them new.

You will get into the least trouble with a simple plain no frill enlarger that takes common PH111 bulbs.

The D2 if not varriable condenser, NEEDS the proper condensers and lens cones to work properly with all formats. Illunination is not perfect without them and not having the proper cones for the lens at hand will limit the the print size at either small or large end. If you find all the right stuff, with carefull technique as I said above, it make wonderful prints.

When you clean the condensers, drop them in place with two loops of string so as not to let them hit and chip. Chip marks will show on every print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a 'hobby type' enlarger that is putting out great work. I suppose it may be limited but I have not reached the limit yet. It is a Fujimoto Lucky 60M. B&W enlarger that has 35mm and 6x6 carriers. You can print 645 in the 6x6, just compose/crop.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had an Omega C700 until this weekend. A mysterious APUG member from here in town emailed me an offered me an Omega D3 Auto Focus if I would just come and get it. Spent yesterday ripping a couple shelves out of the darkroom so I could make room for the monster. It is bigger than my daughter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by photomem View Post
    I had an Omega C700 until this weekend. A mysterious APUG member from here in town emailed me an offered me an Omega D3 Auto Focus if I would just come and get it. Spent yesterday ripping a couple shelves out of the darkroom so I could make room for the monster. It is bigger than my daughter!
    Let me know if you have any questions about setting up the D3. I just helped a friend set up a free one. I collected a bunch of info on cones and focus tracks etc. that I'd be glad to pass on. http://www.apug.org/forums/forum174/...2009-a-12.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would look into an Omega B22. A mini "D" and neg carriers and lens boards are readily available. (as are the enlargers)
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    I would look into an Omega B22. A mini "D" and neg carriers and lens boards are readily available. (as are the enlargers)
    I'll second that. I've got one and it works great. Unfortunately, I'm in need of a D2 because I'm getting into large format. Want to trade?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also have one of those little holga enlargers as well. Let me know if interested.
    Steve
    www.scdowellphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you everybody! Back to the drawing board.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a ridiculous number of enlargers and my experience may help. I started with a d2V which is wonderful, but a bit of a beast. I found a Leitz V35 with color head and was seriously in love. It is the finest enlarger I've ever used. It will actually do a better job than the D2, but only because of the glass carrier. Now that I see the difference using a glass carrier for 35mm, I couldn't use anything else. Then, I started shooting more and more 6x6 and I was getting pretty spoiled by not needing to use filters. My search continued for a dedicated medium format enlarger. I ended up with the Saunders/LPL 6770 VCCE (variable contrast head) with a universal glass carrier. It is almost as wonderful to use as the Leitz. Bottom line.....I'd get a Saunders 6770 VCCE if you are planning on only B&W or the color head version if you want to do color, want to do medium format and get rid of the D2V. If you are keeping the D2, you could simply get the Leitz and use the D2 for medium format....but that is the slippery slope I went down. Either one can be had for around $250-300 if you are patient. I figure I have less invested in the best enlargers around than a cheap digital body would cost...why not have it all....(:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    why not have it all....(:
    Thank you VERY MUCH for greasing my slippery slope! :-) I've already started down that road and I am guessing I'll be going down much quicker now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin