Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,721   Online: 794

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

9x12 negative carrier in inches?

Hi everybody
    I thought I had bought a 9x12 cm negative carrier by buying a 3"x4" (3 1/4" x 4 1/4") carrier for my omega d3. This turns out not to be the case at all. The opening is way too small and I can't even fit the negative between the small notches in the carrier. What is the american designation for 9x12 cm ?
    I've tried to find a 9x12 negative carrier for my omega d3 but the only one I've found was a new one for 100 dollars in adorama, which I thought was a little steep.

Hope someone can help me.

Kind Regards
    Mads Hartmann

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think the closest you are going to get is to buy a 4X5 negative carrier and mask it off. Converting 9cm X 12 cm to Inches equals roughly 3.5 inches X 4.7.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, BTW.. I happen to have a 4X5 for sale in the classifieds..

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well I just tried masking of one of my 4x5 carriers. The problem is that the opening in the carrier is bigger than the negative itself, so there's nothing to hold the negative. I tried to put a little tape inside the carrier as support, but the tape is thicker than the film so the carrier doesn't even get in contact with the negative!
    At this point I need a native 9x12 carrier.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If it is a regular Omega carrier, in masking my 645 carrier, I found that Mat Board was pretty much the same thickness as the metal the neg carrier is made of. I just cut a hole the size of the neg and then trimmed the board to the size of the hole in the neg carrier. Create two of these for the two parts of the neg carrier and tape them in each side.

Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about a glass 4x5 carrier?

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The glass 4x5 carrier is a possibility. I just hate glass negative carriers!
    I'm not sure what mat board is exactly in Danish, but I'm sure I can find it out somehow. It would still be nice to find a genuine 9x12 carrier for the omega.
    Kind Regards
    Mads

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here is one source for the 9x12cm carrier. Their website says this carrier is still in production, part number 423-362, and is available through them. They also have some "certified used" parts and "refurbished" parts and a list is available.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/

Another possible source is: http://www.classic-enlargers.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks
    I wrote both of them an email.

Shooter
    Large Format
    You may need to be patient waiting for responses to your emails. You're into one of our national holidays (Thursday Nov 26 - Thanksgiving) and a lot of folks (and businesses) take four days off. So Monday or shortly thereafter you can expect responses. From my experience, both sources have been VERY good to deal with.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin