Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,651   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an idea - search for magnifax 3, they can go up to 6x9 and they are very very cheap. I got mine for 20 euros with 105 mm lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    The enlarger is definately made for 6x9, it says so on the front plate. I just checked to see if i could raise the condenser, but there is no clearance because of a huge mirror box just above it. I think my best chance is to find some opal glass and have it cut to size, but i have no idea where to find it. Does anyone have an idea where to look?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe this photonet member could help you:

http://photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=732467

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Are you sure the condenser shouldn't be LOWERED?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 80mm lens i have covers 6x9, i know it shouldn't, but it does. I do not know yet if it is completely sharp in the corners, but it definately covers it. The problem is in the enlarger. It has interchangeable condenser units for 35mm, 6x6 and 6x9, and I only have the one for 6x6. Magnification is not a problem either, since i am printing on 18x24cm paper, and the enlarger goes circa 150cm above the baseboard
    The coverage in question has to do with the illumination, too short a focal length lens will cause the corners to darken as it is seeing around the edge of the condensor in the way a wide angle lens sees more area in front of you. The 105 hopefully will correct the geometry without changing the condensor.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An approach I have used in the past is to make condenser lenses.

Big glass condensers are way too difficult but any lens that converges light should do, even a Fresnel lens. The "whole page magnifiers" I find at my local bargain store for $2 can be cut with scissors to fit an enlarger head. My last lamp-house conversion needed a stack of three Fresnels. The optical quality is terrible but, hey, these are condensers and a sheet of frosted glass smooths out all optical sins before the light gets to the negative. So far, so good. Nothing has melted or caught fire.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin