Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,724   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    The bulb is the standard 250watt/24volt ELC halogen found in Durst color heads.
    Ok, do you know which power supply. I know the TRA450 uses a triac, instead of a realay. So in that case the triac could be on its way out. Also, as Nicholas suggested, the bulb socket could be a problem. Many of the on-line bulb suppliers also carry replacement sockets. Its probably not a bad idea to replace the socket in an old head anyway. Also, the contacts on the connector that goes from the power supply to the head should be inspected for signs of arcing or carbon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ic-racer, there are three versions of the TRA450, only one uses a triac, the older two only use a relay for switching the bulb supply current. Mine is the oldest style.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Ic-racer, there are three versions of the TRA450, only one uses a triac, the older two only use a relay for switching the bulb supply current. Mine is the oldest style.
    Good point.
    In fact, just last week I was cleaining up an Omega timer for a friend and was glad to see that the relay could be dissasembled to polish the contacts. The contacts were so bad, I was surprised it made any electrical connection at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    OK, I now have several suspect. I'll have the power supply checked by an electrician friend. I'll inspect the socket in the enlarger head, and maybe try replacing the bulb to see if this continues to occur. Regarding the power supply, I did note that a small light spark is visible from the top of the unit when I start an exposure. I have not noticed this before. This may be a sign that something is about to fail in the power supply....

Luigi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin