Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,163   Online: 797

Shooter
    35mm

brown/grey spots on finished prints--cause?

I've had these show up in prints, even ones that I was careful to fix and wash properly. What are they caused by?

f/22 and be there.

YOU DID NOT process as carefully as you thought or the print got contaminated somewhere after drying.

Tong for each solution and rinse them often. Give full continuous agitation. Wash your drying racks. Keep prints separated in the wash. Do not overuse solutions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ronald is most likely correct.. but I had another thought; how old is your paper? I've used REALLY old paper before that a friend of mine was going to throw away.. and I got some random fogged/dark splotches after developing..

just a thought.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's very old mitsubishi paper. I have no idea how old, but I would guess at least ten years. I've gotten similar-looking spots on fresh papers, but they were much browner, and usually on poorly-processed workprints.
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin