Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,331   Online: 859

Shooter
    35mm

Almost have a deal

So, I just got back into photography (bought a canon ae-1p from a friend, it is in the mail) so of course I get to enlarger shopping.

Some guy in my town has a couple of Beseler 23CII enlargers that he wants to sell for 40 bucks for the pair.

I'm crippled right now by bike only transport so I asked him if he could meet me at my place of work. He just sent me a message that he would feel better if I saw them first....

Dang, I hope I can pull this off....

MolBasser
    If you don't eat a hotdog, the terrorists win.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So ask him that if you come to look at them and want to buy them, can you give him a small deposit and the balance when he delivers them? Maybe to your house?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Huh
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is one of those situations if I were close, I'd give you a hand.... But, I'm in Florida.

I'm not quite sure if you'd want to transport something THIS bulky and not all that stable with bike. Would it be possible to have some assistance from friends or colleagues? I also wanted to tell you, enlargers are plentifully available. I bought two of mine for $40 and $10 in the last few months. Should this deal not work out, don't despair. If you keep looking, you'll run into them.
    Last edited by tkamiya; 12-14-2009 at 07:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: a stupid typo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If he lives close by, offer him an extra $10 to deliver to your place. Explain your situation to the seller, and he will most likely do it.

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    go with Rick on this one....

you don't have a neighbor that could help you out though?

-Dan

Shooter
    35mm
    yeah, I'll be able to work it out. I got a call back from him today that I missed. I'm gonna call him at half time in the Niner game. I've got buddies with trucks, I will be able to work it out.

He just seemed reluctant to bring them to the brewery if I wasn't gonna pay him. 40 bucks for two means that unless they are complete crap, I'm buying.

MolBasser

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks like the deal will get done. I just talked to him and he is holding them for me. I just need a ride from a buddy up to Paradise to look at them. Stoke!

MolBasser

Shooter
    35mm
    Meh. Deal fell through. Couldn't get a ride soon enough for the guy. Oh well, there will be more where they came from.

MolBasser
    Last edited by MolBasser; 12-16-2009 at 08:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry - there are plenty of them around if you keep your eyes out. If you know of any second hand camera dealers in your area, you should inquire.... I bought two that way for total of $50. The store owner considered them warehouse junk. He only had them because they came as a package deal with something else he bought.

They are both cleaned up by me and fully functional.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin