Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,125   Online: 867

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ann

The article describes the technique and method in much the same way as the book and is illustrated by two diferent images although the draft that I have in my computer does not include the images. It was published by Ailsa's Black and White Photography Magazine a couple of years ago.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    one of my students gets that magazine every month. I will have him check it out; I think i understand but it never hurts to double check.

I am one of those hands on learners. Then get me to the written word.
    thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ruby
    I bought some off Ebay for playing around with, but I don't really like the look of it. It's sort of a glossy surface, but not quite.
    I wonder if that's the same surface as Polymax SW F? A gloss but with a bit of a paper texture to it. I love that surface, especially after it has been dry mounted.

It's funny how personal tastes vary.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

DKT

kodak has discontinued all but the M grade (norm) of panalure. used to be availible as low, med & high. I still use it from time to time in our lab (albeit in a processor, makes it easier)--but one way to squeeze out a half grade or so more contrast is to use Cyan filtration, if you have a set of CC or CP filters or a color head. I use a dichroic color head--and you can play around with a filter pack of sorts to change the tonality for separation of tones in some cases. To lower contrast, I flash the paper with another enlarger.

it works better than regular paper, but still has an odd sorta tonal range. I never noticed much about the surface though--the stuff I use looks pretty much like good old glossy paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Panalure also lets you use the eqivalent of normal black and white filters with colour negs (except the colours are obviously negative). That lets you darken skys, lighten greenery etc, which can also effect contrast.

David.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin