Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,764   Online: 944

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    your proposed processing procedure sounds very reasonable and should produce good negatives.
    Developed another two rolls on sunday as described above: Lowered/absent general stain, nice specific stain, time seems to be spot on. The Pryocat is still red but much lighter.

Thanks to everyone. I think I can close this case.

Stefan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skahde
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson
    your proposed processing procedure sounds very reasonable and should produce good negatives.
    Developed another two rolls on sunday as described above: Lowered/absent general stain, nice specific stain, time seems to be spot on. The Pryocat is still red but much lighter.

Thanks to everyone. I think I can close this case.

Stefan
    Stefan,

I am just wondering if you are not leaving some of the magenta colored anit-halation backing in the film. In my work with TMAX 400 I have never been able to get rid of this reddish/magenta color with normal processing. What does work for me in remvoing the color is to soak the film, after fixing, in a solution of sodium carbonate, using about one spoon of carbonatge per liter of water. This additional alkaliity will generally remove the stain with a soaking gof 10-15 minutes.

Sandt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    I am just wondering if you are not leaving some of the magenta colored anit-halation backing in the film.
    Sandt
    Sandy,

I found it hard to reliably remove the antihalation dyes from Tmax too. After I switched to two-bath fixing in alkaline TF3 the antihalation dyes are much more easy to remove in the wash and with non-staining developers I can hardly tell if I have 400TMY or APX100 drying in the shower unless I take a closer look. The colour of the film in question also wasn't purple but more like a 320TXP left to long in an used-developer-afterbath, like I did when I tested films for pyrocat.

Stefan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin