Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,409   Online: 885

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Omega B 8 OR B 22

Does anyone have any experience with the Omega B 8 or the B 22? I have the opportunity to get them for under $100 so I am looking for a little assurance or warnings. Well, thanks for your time.
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen][SIZE=2]"We are not at War, we are having a nervous breakdown". Hunter S. Thompson[/SIZE][/COLOR]

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    We have a B22 in the lab, and i have several students with them as well. We have had no problems with them and they are well built. Under 100, does that include negative carrier? Sounds like a good buy, especially if you know you will only be doing 35mm or up to 2 2/4.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Harry is an expert with Omega enlargers, and his web site at Classic-Enlargers.com is a good resource on Omega enlarger questions, parts, and repairs.

As I recall, Harry thinks well of the B-8. As I recall, he has mentioned that the B-8 was a very expensive enlarger to make, whereas the B-22 is less expensive.

If I had to make the choice, it'd be the B-8.

-- Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have a B8. Its a fine little enlarger. I can't think of anything on it I didn't like, nor did I ever think it was lacking in any respect. The only reason I don't use too much anymore is because I went to Large Format.

Last year, when I was thinking of selling it (which I talked myself out of) I did a price survey to get an idea of what it might be worth. If its in good shape, $100 is a heck of a deal.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin