Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,319   Online: 1142

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a couple of rubber blower bulbs, and a good antistatic brush.
    Save that cash for more film !

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    35mm
    Get yourself one of these! It's even stronger then canned air:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many of these "Canned Air" aerosols don't dispense Air but Freon Gas which should not be used on lenses because it's very cold and can crack glass.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LarFor4X5 View Post
    Get a couple of rubber blower bulbs, and a good antistatic brush.
    Save that cash for more film !
    Rubber blower bulbs are ineffective in removing the smallest stuck dust particles in my experience, and, since they suck in air, they blow out dust occasionally as well!

The compressor or antistatic brush solutions seems the best.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Electric Duster is on the shopping list.
    An Excellent Device !

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A small air compressor available in artist supply shops for airbrushes @ $100 US should last a lifetime and certainly much longer than a few cans of spray.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Compressed air contains WATER! if you are going to use a compressor get yourself a moisture trap. Canned "air" is actually some sort of chemical like propane, butane, refrigerant, or something else that has a low boiling point and can be easily be caned in liquid form. The low temp liquid can also pick up moisture between the nozzle and your target, freeze it and impinge your target with ice pellets. I wouldn't spray it at anything that you don't want to sand blast with ice (negative, lens, print) unless you are far away enough for the ice to melt and turn back to gas, at that point you may as well use a bulb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bblhed View Post
    I wouldn't spray it at anything that you don't want to sand blast with ice (negative, lens, print) unless you are far away enough for the ice to melt and turn back to gas, at that point you may as well use a bulb.
    I think this is highly exaggerated. I have used KenAir Airduster cans for years, and never seen anything like "sandblast" damage. Only very rarely, especially when I don't hold up the can straight, I have had a bit of some fluid come out. That is unwanted, but like I said mostly because I didn't hold it right, so my own dumb fault.

The benefits of a clean negative printed without loads of dust needing spotting, far outweighs the small risk of some fluid spitting out, IMHO.

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I think this is highly exaggerated. I have used KenAir Airduster cans for years, and never seen anything like "sandblast" damage. Only very rarely, especially when I don't hold up the can straight, I have had a bit of some fluid come out. That is unwanted, but like I said mostly because I didn't hold it right, so my own dumb fault.

The benefits of a clean negative printed without loads of dust needing spotting, far outweighs the small risk of some fluid spitting out, IMHO.

Marco
    For some people, that may be a bit too often. I wanted to point out that this is a risk, although small, but a compressor is just asking for trouble.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    Rubber blower bulbs are ineffective in removing the smallest stuck dust particles in my experience, and, since they suck in air, they blow out dust occasionally as well!

The compressor or antistatic brush solutions seems the best.
    Good Hurricane blowers like the Giotto Rocket Blower http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...er-Review.aspx have a valve in them so they only blow not suck
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin