Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,596   Online: 860

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Can Dusters, last long??

greetings, just need to know how long these cans last, at NZ$48.00 for can and spray unit i want an idea of how much use i will get out of 1 can.
    regards
    CW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    48.00? I could ship you a 5 pack from the states for less than that! I usually go through the standard can of air duster about every 2 months. But, I use it for cleaning my enlarger, spraying negatives, and also cleaning up charcoal drawings when I am working outside of Photography.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks for the info. Yep, NZ$24.00 a can, though i know if i shop around i will find a better price ~ like 22.00
    2 months is ok. cheers
    CW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ouch, I buy giant size cans from Walmart for about $3 to $4.
    I think they started putting up the price to stop the kids form buying them and sniffing them.

Next time I come to NZ to visit the relatives I should bring a suitcase full and sell them while there. I wonder if the airline will let me bring them on board?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate canned air. They're expensive and possibly an environmental hazard. try using a squeeze type bulb like this one instead.
    http://www.meritline.com/rubber-air-...--p-35791.aspx

You'll save the environment, save money and develop a firmer hand shake ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At that price, it might be worth going to a welder's supply and getting a tank of compressed nitrogen, a regulator and fittings. Upfront cost will be more, but it'll last ad infinitum.

A blow gun and portable tire filler tank can also be had cheap - I used to use this to clean out PC's when I had a PC repair shop. a 5 gallon tank and blow gun costs about $50 together here in the states, and it's $2 - $3 to fill with compressed air at any filling station. The compressed air tanks can get water in them, which might not be great when it spits out onto your prized negative. Moisture filters can be had, however.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get an antistatic brush...and kiss the air goodbye.

Does a better job and much more environmentally sound...and doesn't stir up the air in your darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was at Target the other day to buy a duster and they carded me!(I'm 56) I geuss young people have been inhaling them to get high.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's nothing! I was once buying a bag of potato chips at a liquor store and got carded! Who knew, potatoes are controlled substance....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    thanks all, I have a tyre fill compressor and will get an anti static brush. The canned air does not really do the job.
    Carded at over 40 is gotta be a compliment huh?
    regards
    Craig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin