Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,515   Posts: 1,543,725   Online: 905

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Colour corrective filters

I have a Meopta Opemus 4 enlarger which I have been using for B&W printing. However, I would soon like to start doing my own C41 developing and RA4 printing.

The Meopta manual says to do this, I will need colour corrective filters. Unfortunately, I can not find much information on the internet about these.

Does anyone know anything about these filters, or where I may obtain some from?

I know a colour enlarger would be more suitable, but changing enlargers isn't really practical for me.

Thanks
    Stephen Coates

Shooter
    35mm
    Stephen, you'll need something like this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They were once very common but the widespread use of dichroic colour means t they've became rare. I have an Agfa set but they only worked for Agfa papers, but I may have another set stored at my mothers that are Kodak/Fuji compatible.

As you spell "Colour" correctly you can have them if I've still got them. Where abouts are you ?

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Another option is to buy the Meopta Colour 3 head which should bolt onto your Opemus 4 with no problems. They turn up on ebay from time to time, you may have to buy an entire enlarger to get the head, but it's a lot cheaper than buying new - Nova sell the head for £165.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Another option is to buy the Meopta Colour 3 head which should bolt onto your Opemus 4 with no problems.
    I think Opemus 4 needs Meopta Color 2. The 3 fits Opemus 6.

Shooter
    35mm
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    They were once very common but the widespread use of dichroic colour means t they've became rare. I have an Agfa set but they only worked for Agfa papers, but I may have another set stored at my mothers that are Kodak/Fuji compatible.

As you spell "Colour" correctly you can have them if I've still got them. Where abouts are you ?

Ian
    I would be interested if you do have them. I knew spelling colour correctly would come in handy one day. I am in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.

Thanks
    Stephen Coates

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    check ebay. It's much easier to print with a dichro head though.
    --Nicholas Andre

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    I knew spelling colour correctly would come in handy one day. I am in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
    You got away with that one. He could have been Canadian (or an American who could spell properly!).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No luck Stephen, I found the filters but there's too many missing from the set so it's useless.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin