Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,052   Posts: 1,561,203   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Mine is 44"
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Doug!

Well, geez...Mom & Pop gotta make a living somehow! haha Here's what happened... They bought the setup from an estate sale for pennies, and will make at least 100% on the deal if they sell it for the $400.00. I'd check online first.

Yep, if the thing is like 4', it's an XL. That's what my baby is! BTW - Brian, did you find the free manual I was talking about at DarkroomPro.com??

Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    So, here's the value of the mom and pop shop. I got the new enlarger, a 50mm lens, an extra used neg carrier, an extra used lens board, an extra lamp, and a nice used safelight (I was using a crappy one) for $400.00. For an extra $20.00, I got a "project" Dual Dichroic head w/35mm and 6x6 mixing boxes. It could use some work on the fan, and it's ugly, but seems to work fine as is.

I hauled the whole mess home to try out. I didn't pony up any money, and I didn't sign anything. That kind of treatment is worth money to me.

I don't mean to go on a rant-and-rave, but this is a sore spot with me. I work for a mom and pop shop in another industry (theatrical lighting). We've been in business 25 years, I've been there 13 years, and among the principals we have easily 100+ years experience in the business. Yet every day we battle to justify our prices, which are a modest amount above the cheapest internet dogs.

Don't get me wrong: I buy online sometimes. But I've also come to think that the lowest price is not always the best price.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin