Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,370   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    I've examined the condensors in detail and while they do come out, when they are in, they are firmly in place.

Hmmm... could it be the filter? I'm printing with a number 4. I suppose it's possible that the edges of the filter (where I handle it) is dirty. I'm not a coal miner (although I DO go home for lunch on occasion ) but I guess it's possible that standard everyday oils could be built up there.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I've examined the condensors in detail and while they do come out, when they are in, they are firmly in place.

Hmmm... could it be the filter? I'm printing with a number 4. I suppose it's possible that the edges of the filter (where I handle it) is dirty. I'm not a coal miner (although I DO go home for lunch on occasion ) but I guess it's possible that standard everyday oils could be built up there.
    Simple to figure out .... do a print with no filter, and move your filter holder out of the way too (if you are doing below the lens.)

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 5stringdeath View Post
    Simple to figure out .... do a print with no filter, and move your filter holder out of the way too (if you are doing below the lens.)
    This is standard troubleshooting procedure for issues like this - but after reading the recent thread with the guy who had uneven development issues and at the very end chose to tell us he wasn't even inverting the tank because he wasn't using a proper cap - I've come to expect all sorts of duh reasons. This is why I question if the enlargers have *any* issue at all.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Another suggestion: Take some snapshots of the enlarger, including close-ups of critical items like the lens and condensers, and post them for others to examine. Maybe somebody familiar with this model (which excludes me) will spot something that's obviously wrong.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Can you post your enlarging lens? Manufacturer and such? You are printing 35mm right? Are you using negatives that you know well and trust? What's your light bulb? (wattage, manufacturer, ect). The more info the better

I'd guess that the enlarger wasn't designed to make 11x14 sized prints and at that magnification it's failing to illuminate evenly. Also negatives fall apart at high magnification, so this could be an exaggeration of a previous existing problem (I doubt this though). The more info we have, the better

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin