Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,775   Posts: 1,516,674   Online: 1157

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I guess I am the single voice against strips.

I would never consider printing without glass carrier , dead nut in the center of the bulb, lens blades axis.
    I have even found problems with one glass on top only.

There are glass holders that can accomodate strips, and if you have big sheet's of glass then you do not need to cut.
    I do not even see how one would print large prints without glass, without neg popping .

just me I guess.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I guess I am the single voice against strips.

I would never consider printing without glass carrier , [...]
    just me I guess.
    In liking glass carriers?
    No.

But - as you say - there are glass carriers that can accommodate strips, and i don't think such thingies are rare.
    I never needed to cut strips down to single frames to be able to use a glass carrier. Strips are easier to handle, So strips for me (4 strips of 3 for 6x6 for me).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm into strip clubs also!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post

Jeff
    Jeff, are you trying to PUNish us?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the risk of heresy...

The decision between strips and single negs may also be influenced by whether you scan negatives as well as printing them.

The film holder in my medium format scanner won't let me scan the middle negative in a strip of 3 6x7 negatives.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post

Jeff
    And does that mean you are single?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never cut my sheet film negatives apart. Do you?
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    At the risk of heresy...

The decision between strips and single negs may also be influenced by whether you scan negatives as well as printing them.

The film holder in my medium format scanner won't let me scan the middle negative in a strip of 3 6x7 negatives.
    You need a different scanner then.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    After having a roll developed in which the negatives were cut individually, on the next roll I asked for no cutting. The entire strip was placed in a sleeve and then wound into a tight circle; thus, the sleeve kinked in many places and imparted kinks to the negative strip. The negatives are not badly damaged but I don't want this to happen again. Henceforth I will specify 4 strips of 3 negatives. I won't set up my enlarger (C700) until I have accumulated a reasonable number of good negatives; for sure I will have plenty of poor ones to practice with when the time comes. Anyway, thanks to everyone who offered comments.
    Ted

Shooter
    Multi Format

Negative Strips

If you are into making contact proof sheets in the darkroom, It is much easier to handle negative strips rather than individual negative images under the proof negative holder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin