Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,148   Online: 936

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ektalure...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noacronym View Post
    I still wonder why Kodak discontinued paper in the 90's before there was any such thing as a digital camera.
    The EPA banned the use of such paper additives as cadmium and lead salts. This elminated many classic papers.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi - I made 1L of Liquidol (which I mix stronger than recommended 143 Liquidol to 857ml water), then I added 30ml of a 1% sol of BZT and 2grams of potassium bromide.

I did not try to print w/o the BZT and Potassium Bromide so I am not sure if it would have worked out as well w/o both.

This thread inspired me to do "the double duty" (BZT and Potassium Bromide). The BZT alone didn't do as well as when I added in the Potassium Bromide.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...-anti-fog.html

As I sit here and type, I've a Ektalure print that I did in BZT/potassium bromide in the wash after taking a 1min 20 sec bath in gold toner (T-26). Gosh does it pop! Will post a pic tomorrow or so after it drys.

Thomas, you are an old pro at Ektalure, does it work well with only potassium bromide or do you need the double duty of BZT and Potassium Bromide when the paper shows signs of fog? Thanks for the comments T.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    ^opps forgot to add those are 8x10's you see above and on page 2 of this thread.
    Last edited by zsas; 04-04-2013 at 08:45 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Continuing to mess around with a test strip of Ektalure, I toned it a bunch of different ways, if this is of any value to somone wondering how an old Ektalure sheet of paper might behave, enjoy:

Test strip above dev in Liquidol with 30ml of a 1% sol of BZT and 2 grams of potassium bromide:

Here's a Liquidol/BZT/Potassium Bromide print toned in 100F gold for 1min 20 sec:

The ones to the left under the main print are Liquidol/BZT and leftmost is just Liquidol
    Andy

Shooter
    35mm
    The paper surface reminds me of the (currently available) Ilford Art300. That has, more-or-less, the emulsion of FB Warmtone on it - so it might be worth a test for anybody looking for a nostalgic style paper. There are some interesting Foma paper surfaces too, in their fibre-base papers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin