Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,089   Online: 890

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

What is the workflow for this...

Hello there, a fellow member of APUG just posted an amazing picture here: http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=53095
    This dude did an incredible job with this technique.

Anyone would be kind to explain to an amateur like me, how do you do a print with 2 negatives like that ? Does it involve masking ? cutting ? a magic powder and incantations ?

Thanks in advance.
    - Note to self: Next time processing a film, take notice of the shape of the beer bottle and the shape of the fixer bottle, and note the differences. -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks to me like he probably cut out the Caddy from one print (shot in flat light on a fine-grained panchromatic film, with the light coming from the upper left) and pasted (perhaps taped) it onto another print (a grainy shot on [possibly] IR film with the light coming from the upper right).

I suppose he could have used scissors if he is really good, but I am guessing X-Acto knife.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I read that he did pretty much that(negative sandwich, I believe), and the sky was shot on IR film.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Why don't you ask TEX?
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin