Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,492   Posts: 1,571,371   Online: 983

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Interestingly, I've been mostly disappointed any time I've seen original prints by Adams, Weston, etc regardless of vintage. With Adams, I grew up on books like Examples, the making of 40 photographs. I was always fascinated by the incredible silvery quality, the length of the tonal scale and the sharpness. They just sparkle, and I couldn't figure out how this could be done. For years I struggled with my own prints, trying to duplicate what I saw in those books. It was my father who first told me not to worry so much because if I ever saw the real prints they don't look as good as in the books. Years later when I finally saw real Adams prints, sure enough they didn't have those magical tones I saw in the books, even the contact prints. I know most people would say the opposite, but for me the images in the books looked really special and the actual prints were just prints. That was actually a good moment for me.
    My opinion of Adam's prints was higher after I saw them in person.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not me. I was pleasantly disappointed. It made me realize if I worked hard I could make fine prints.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin