Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,524   Online: 1018

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have enough room (a cupboard?) for a cart with an enlarger on it, and storage in it, you could use a somewhat larger enlarger, and just roll it back and forth between your work area and your place of storage.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Durst M600 series enlargers were designed to be easily broken down and put into a drawer. Take up to 6x6. The M300 was the 35mm variant. $5 to $50 w/o lens, depending on luck. Be sure it comes with lens boards/adapters, the negative carrier and the filter drawer.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    For 35mm a Leica 1C provides the highest quality for the footprint. The Leica Valoy is even smaller without autofocus. However, if you must enlarge 6x6 the Durst 600 is one to look at.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For strictly 35mm I'd suggest a Durst F30 or similar. Once you start looking at 6x6/6x7 or larger the problem is the column. It is large, tall, and not easy to remove from the baseboard. I have my Durst M605 condenser unit broken down in storage and it takes up considerable space. The Durst uses a metal spring as a counter balance for the head weight, so you couldn't trim the column if you wanted to - not that I would recommend that sort of vandalism!
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin