Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,630   Online: 1110

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Compact enlarger?

HI,

I've not been doing much enlarging for a while as I've not had a place to work that can be made dark enough. However, I've recently moved to a new place with a bathroom and/or kitchen that can easily be made light-tight, so I might be able to work with wet prints again rather than 'hybrid'.

However, the downside is that I have very little storage space for an enlarger, and my wife has very little patience for even _more_ photographic junk. So, I'm wondering, what's a good (and cheap-ish!) enlarger that can be stored in a very compact space? One that folds up or dismantles to a small size for easy storage so it can be put into a small cupboard or shelf when not being used.

I'd primarily be using it for 35mm negatives, but I do shoot medium format, so being able to enlarge 120 negs would be a bonus.

N.B. I don't have much interest in producing very large prints, so a huge baseboard or whatever isn't necessary. I'd almost always be producing 8x10 [or maybe 9.5x12] prints.

Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the Meopta Opemus 6 would be good for you, it's good up to 6x6. It's light, pretty small and the column easily unscrews so it could be stored fairly flat. Here's a photo of my old one in my tiny darkroom, the fisheye is making it look much bigger than it is:

Steve.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    For 135 I d use a Durst Reporter. Nice little thing for fast printing but well far from being at the top notch for fineprint...
    Durst magico should be considerated too...
    Réparation, Restauration d'appareils et équipements anciens, exotiques et modernes: http://www.atelierdeblanc.fr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The title for this thread struck me as odd this morning, I couldn't put my finger on why. My wife remarked that its an oxymoron, she's right, as usual.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Paterson made a little 35mm condensor enlarger with a long, straight, tubular column, which easily broke down. I knew a working pro who carried one when on the road and who set it up in hotel bathrooms.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Except, being pedantic, it's not really an oxymoron, of course.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    The new enlarger from patterson might be worth checking out, from all reports it is fairly compact, and comes complete and ready for both 35mm and 6x6, also year ago their bused to be a russian enlarger,I think Zenit, that used to fold up into a briefcase,you might be able to find one,Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    I've seen the Russian "suitcase" enlargers from time to time on eBay. I don't see one there at the moment, although this one looks pretty compact, but not as convenient to set up. A Google search turned up this photo.net thread about the model I'm thinking of. I also found this German Web site with photos. I'm sure there must be other enlargers like this, too, but I don't know much about them; I just recall spotting one of the Russian ones on eBay some time ago and thinking it could be handy in cramped quarters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There's a couple of suitcase enlargers on ebay at the moment. Might be worth a go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Beseler PrintMaker35 is rather small, light-weight, and inexpensive. I have one....
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin