Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,765   Online: 901

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I start with my exposure info from proofing and extrapolate from there with the aid of my EM-10. From there its minor tweaking, usually I can hit my ideal print in two or three small test strips(scraps from resizing paper for desired print sizes). It doesn't hurt that I can visualize the results from all the experience I have (hours spent in the DR x 45 years)and an intimate knowledge of your particular machine
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Nothing is as cheaper and as good than a test strip

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see everyone has his own method.

I have mine too and I'm surprised no one mentioned this one yet. Whatever paper I use I have two boxes of it around me: one in small size and one in the size of the final print. I put the small paper in the easel and set the enlarger to a height which will put a full-frame image on the paper, including the sprocket holes of my 35 mm negs. I mark the height of the enlarger head (say 222 mm) and expose it for usually 15-20-25-30 seconds in my enlarger.

After developing I dry quickly this small paper in the microwave, not to worry about drydown.

After I get the right time for the small paper, I use the equation: (column height for final print/column height for small print)^2 x (exposure time for small print)=(exposure time for final print).

If I'm consistent with everything (one film, one developer, one EI), I waste only one single small sheat of paper (in the worst case 2) for the final print and this works fine for me.

But I'm no fine art master printer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin