Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,670   Online: 715

Shooter
    35mm

CC correction for tungsten

How much more Yellow and Magenta do you generally add in the enlarger to correct colors in shots taken under tungsten lights on daylight negative color film?

I am not talking about a precise color balance since that would be better done starting with filters on the camera, just a little correction on the enlarger that makes it a bit less orange but still clearly shot in tungsten. I am asking because i have just spent some time in the darkroom with a couple of shots taken indoors without flash, trying to decide between different corrections.

Shooter
    35mm
    Bump.. No one occasionally takes a shot indoors on daylight film..

I will rephrase my question. I know that the exact numbers differs between different papers, different films, different enlargers and different lightbulbs in the enlarger. But i am not asking for exact numbers, just your general guesstimate those times you do have a snapshot taken indoors on daylight film. How much do you add, as a guess?

So, when you do have that frame taken in tungsten light on X film, using Y enlarger and Z paper, how much extra do you dial in for M and Y?

In my case above i settled on adding +25Y and +5M over my base filtration (47/45) for Reala on Fuji CA with my Durst 805. This produced a much better picture, but still on the warm side keeping the indoor warm feel. (I do not like digital overdone whitebalanced wedding shots where you cannot see if the picture was taken indoor or outside)

I think this kind of info can be useful for someone else to find, just for others to quicker dial in something in the ballpark reducing their time spent doing test strips. It can be a quite time consuming exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin