Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,401   Online: 1066

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Nunn View Post
    It certainly helps if your negatives are similar in density and contrast, makes the guestimation much more accurate.

When I want multiple prints of the same negative, I just work until I get the final print that I want, then expose the paper for the rest of the prints all at once and run them through the chemistry 2 at a time.
    That's what I do!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeter2010 View Post
    ... All I'm saying is, I think my best prints (probably 'bout 5-6% of total) are pretty dang nice and I just can't see what I could have done to make them any better by putting more time into them.
    I learned this from John Sexton:

Take those prints and hang them temporarily in your house at a place where you walk by all the time. Let them sink in for a few days maybe weeks. The improvement opportunities will become obvious. If not, maybe they are perfect!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin