Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,779   Online: 901

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have been using Paterson ones for longer than I care to remember; the one-piece solid plastics construction sure makes their precision last a long time. For really critical work (such as for my reference prints) I also use a Bausch & Lomb parallax focusser, a light green lump of hard plastics which proves to be a superb piece of equipment indeed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Ditto, and I got mine for $55 on ebay still in the box wrapped in tissue having never been used.
    I got my Peak 1 free with an enlarger, still in sealed wrapping in the box etc. Superb piece of kit

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fingel
    I've used several grain focusers and they have always been adequate, but I picked up a Peak 1 on ebay and it is on a whole different level from the others. I found that it makes focusing easier for me by allowing me to see more of the negative.
    I fully agree. I've used several other brands, but the Peak is much better. I like the Peak 1 because I can see sharpness into the extreme corners of the image. But I've seen a Peak 2 too with a kind of spider web design to focus on. That was really handy because you are forced to focus at exactly the right plane of focus.

Gilbert
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I got the peak 1 on this auction at about a third of b & h's price. I got a chance to use one and that confirmed what everyone had said.

Thank you to all!

Shooter
    35mm

Peak #2

Recently I purchased a Peak #2 (mid range in price) and it is excellent!

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    so Peachbutt tell us how you like it when you get it. I love mine.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee,
    I had a chance to use one already. The ability to move out of the center toward the edges of the print is what sold me. I'l let you know how this one works as soon as it arrives.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is another area where I tried to save money, by buying the less expensive ones. I finally settled on a relatively expensive Omega. Worth every blessed penny ... better, faster optics, heavier, more stable feel.... easier to adjust for individual vision, etc. I only have to remember to focus *without* a "softening filter on the enlarger lens.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I vote for the Peak grain magnifier.focuser. Get the best of all 3 models - you will not go wrong (I have it)
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRosa
    I vote for the Peak grain magnifier.focuser. Get the best of all 3 models - you will not go wrong (I have it)
    I did. I've used a for a couple weeks and yes it kicks ass.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin