Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,064   Online: 1189

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Timer recommendations

I have an L1200 with a 501 colour head. I need to get a timer and know nothing about them beyond how to use them.

Any recommendations would be helpful...

[SIZE=1]
    Background:
    I am going to be building my own colour darkroom over August. I have a Hope 26" paper processor, Wing-lynch film processor (which is already in service), Durst L1200 assorted lenses and neg holders and a heavy duty drop table.

There are a handful of odds and ends that I'll be needing and will be asking those here on APUG for recommendations.
    [/SIZE]

Thanks a barn full in advance....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    if money is not a concern get one of those cool timers from RHdesigns.
    They allow a lot of tweaking of the picture and help in printing by f-stops
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    money is an object, but not always an insurmountable one-- if one is patient and keeps a steely eyeball on ebay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an RH Designs Stopclock Pro.

I took a very long, deep breath before I bought it, as it certainly isn't cheap. However, it is worth every penny. It came with a 10 day money-back guarantee. By the end of the ten days I would've rather parted with my back teeth!

Later that year I handprinted some calendars for friends and family. It involved me doing about 125 RC handprints in a stupidly short space of time (never again!). Without the StopClock I'd be going still!

It makes simple jobs effortless and hard jobs simple. Here's a link to the website http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/SCPro.html

Les is the chap to ask about it, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd get a digital timer, repeatable, solid state and shouldn't be too expensive @bay
    Gralab, Bessler or similar.
    There's a few on ebay right now, Omega 404, Gralab 505/525/555, etc.

Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The stop clock pro is 170.00 usd. That is a goodly some of jake...
    oddly, a search on ebay returnd this:" Did you mean... stopcock professional ?" when i submited StopClock Professional.

hmmm.

Meanwhile, I'm watching the GRAlab 450 525, and 505 Omega CT40, and the Epoi Printol on ebay. I wouldn't know a good one from apple butter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I paid 185 ukp including tax and postage. Which hurt. A lot.

I maintain, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hand!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a foot switch that I can;t use in my timer.
    If you get a good timer and want it I'll send it to you as long as you pay the postage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Stopclock Pro is certainly one of the best timers in the market place, IMO the only one that gets near to it is the Metrolux. I've got to be honest here for I have had a little involvement in suggesting some of the features on the timer so I guess that I may be a little biased. In addition to the fstop printing facility is has two channels to allow for a timer for each grade if split grade printing. It is programable and has a very good drydown compensating feature. If you use a cold light head it also has a compensating feature that adjusts the timer speed to take account of any fluctuations in the intensity of the lamp during exposure so that your print is always the same tonality as the test strip. It is operated from a footswitch which is invaluable IMO for it means that both hands are always free, this may seem an insignificant feature but once you've used a footswitch you realise the benefits. It is also the only timer on the market to my knowledge that allows you to adjust when the lenlarget lamp illuminates in relation to starting the timer for some enlargers have a delay in when the lamp lights after activating the timer. The Stopclock allows you to adjust that.

IMO the Metrolux is an excellent timer, Ive used then often when working in the US but the Stopclock has the edge.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    RHdesign timers are remarkably cheap for what they are: great time and material savers. Flog the cat and buy one today.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin