Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,262   Online: 840

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks everybody, i have already started searching for a Lab1200 complete of all mixboxes for the different formats in europe.
    If any of you should know about someone who is going to sell his Lab1200, please inform me.
    thanks

marco

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    Another alternative, if a laborator is to difficult to obtain is the Devere 504. These enlargers enjoy an excellent reputation for quality and may be easier to find. Prices should be fairly comparable to the Durst.
    I think De Vere enlargers are far more common in your home country where they are produced as well, than in some of the other European countries. I have rarely seen De Vere enlargers advertised second hand here in the Netherlands.

They look well build and solid like Dursts though, and one thing I like about the 504 from the images I see, is the focussing knobs below the base board. Although I love my Durst L1200, one thing that bothers me about it, is the need to awkwardly grapple "above" your head for the focussing controls while looking through the grain focuser... I think I have read somewhere there is supposed to be a "newer" version of the L1200 that had some metal stick dangling down allowing you to more comfortably focus, but that is still not the same as with the De Vere 504, and they seem less common on the 2nd hand market.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    I think De Vere enlargers are far more common in your home country where they are produced as well, than in some of the other European countries. I have rarely seen De Vere enlargers advertised second hand here in the Netherlands.

They look well build and solid like Dursts though, and one thing I like about the 504 from the images I see, is the focussing knobs below the base board. Although I love my Durst L1200, one thing that bothers me about it, is the need to awkwardly grapple "above" your head for the focussing controls while looking through the grain focuser... I think I have read somewhere there is supposed to be a "newer" version of the L1200 that had some metal stick dangling down allowing you to more comfortably focus, but that is still not the same as with the De Vere 504, and they seem less common on the 2nd hand market.
    You are quite right. My L1200 has a telescopic arm for both focussing and changing the filtration on the head.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin