Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,167   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zone Vi enlarger - glass carriers?

I've been back to doing a little silver gelatin printing from some small negs. I was getting driven nuts by the softness of my prints at the edges of the print. Turns out after making sure everything was aligned, the lens was good, yada yada yada, that the problem is curvature of the film in the holder. So a glass carrier seems like a good idea. Calumet does not make one for this enlarger. Anyone know of someone who makes glass carriers for this enlarger?

Must be the day for enlarger questions.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    I've been back to doing a little silver gelatin printing from some small negs. I was getting driven nuts by the softness of my prints at the edges of the print. Turns out after making sure everything was aligned, the lens was good, yada yada yada, that the problem is curvature of the film in the holder. So a glass carrier seems like a good idea. Calumet does not make one for this enlarger. Anyone know of someone who makes glass carriers for this enlarger?

Must be the day for enlarger questions.
    Ritter might be able to make you one, he used to work with Picker at the time he owned the Zone VI Labs. He is very knowledgeable with these enlarger and I belive he makes parts for them.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I might be temped to add temporary weight to the lamp head and see if that caused the negs to lie flatter. Like one or two of those pellet bags draftsman have.

lee\c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lee
    I might be temped to add temporary weight to the lamp head and see if that caused the negs to lie flatter. Like one or two of those pellet bags draftsman have.

lee\c
    The problem is with the thick 35mm film. It curls in the middle. I know i can stop down the lens and that does help some, but it makes the exposures long and I still get the slight but noticeable distortion of any straight lines at the very edges of the frame. I just really like seeing crisp grain all across the print, not localized at the middle. I probably need to just be a little less - well, anal, but hey, I know what I like...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin