Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,332   Posts: 1,537,374   Online: 1113

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been using the 23CII for about 40 years, and I have never had your problems. There should be a piece of heat absorbing glass in the top part of the filter drawer. If not, that could be part of the problem. The original condenser version of this enlarger does put out a quite a bit of light, but I was always able to get reasonable exposure times with it. You might check to see if your enlarger has the proper 75 watt bulb in it. Be sure the condensers are positioned correctly for 35mm enlargements. You should have no problem with even light coverage if they are. If you still have coverage problems, check to see that the proper condenser lenses are installed (the manufacturer supplied a double condenser in a steel cylinder mount) and positioned correctly. If everything is OK and you still have too much light, you can put a CC-40R filter (such as is used in color printing) in the filter drawer to reduce the exposure to black and white papers.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The manual recommends a PH111 lamp. Yours may be too powerful. Maybe it is too hot as well causing your negative popping. I use the correct bulb, heat absorbing glass, and Patterson VC filters and have no problems with exposure times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin