Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,658   Online: 796

Shooter
    35mm

Axomat 4 Vs Axomat 5

Hi all,

I recently acquired both of these enlargers, and an finding difficulties getting information on the full features of them both. With no need for two, I will sell one. But which one? I think I am right in saying that they will both do colour enlarging, but need the necessary head installed... So other that that, does anyone know what the differences between the two are, and therefore which I should keep?

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They seem to be quite similar, but I think the 5 is younger. It depends on if you have the colour head for either of them and so on. Pick the one in best condition if they have the same options would be my suggestion.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Fotoimpex in Berlin, and probably others too of course, have good stocks of parts for the Meopta enlargers. It would be worth having a browse through their site to see if the neg-carriers and so on are the same sizes, or if it will be easier for you to get hold of spares for the newer model (the '5').

The manufacturers site also has information on their products, old or new.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I couldn't find the old links - Meopta used to have a nice photo page with all their enlargers. Tried the search function on-site and I didn't find anything there either.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd sell the Axomat 4, the 5 still has readily available parts and the Colour 3 head is still relatively easy to find.

I paid £25 for an Axomat 5 and color 3 head, with a electronic timer, colour analyser and a lot more goodies so no need to spend much!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    I couldn't find the old links - Meopta used to have a nice photo page with all their enlargers. Tried the search function on-site and I didn't find anything there either.
    I just looked too, it seems their website has had an 'upgrade' . . .

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin