Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,276   Online: 867

Shooter
    Medium Format

MF Enlarger quandary... please help!

Hello all...

I've got a problem. Of course, I googled my butt off, but wasn't really able to find a satisfactory solution, so I figured I'd come here for help...

I have a Durst M601, which I use to print 6x6. The problem is, the bulb went out. I've been looking for a replacement, without any luck (I was HOPING to find a place where I could buy a bulb or three, and a few other odds and odds- I'd like another mask, for example...)...

So, my question is: Can someone point me in the right direction

Or,

Should I just get a used enlarger off of craigslist???

I'm ASSUMING the cost would be roughly the same. I live in Denver, and there are always a few Beseler's for sale, priced anywhere from $25 to $150. I know that would only be a temporary solution, but I was hoping for some insight. Either a new bulb, or a used enlarger...

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Chris,

You could try Replacementlightbulbs.com. I found the replacement bulb for my enlarger there.

Hope that helps.

Craig

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's one Google result I had.

Oh, turns out it is Craig's suggestion. But this takes you to the bulb. Be sure of specs and power and such. But this should get you close. I already checked Freestyle. They don't have the bulb listed.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should be able to find the bulb ID, wattage, voltage from the bulb itself, then buy some on ebay imported from some obscure place at substantial discount. Buy extras too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just googled for M601 and got this bulb (same as Christopher above).

As long as you have the condenser head that would be the bulb.

https://www.interlight.biz/light-bulb/PH/211

Yes, you probably can get a new enlarger for $5, but if you like the Durst I'd just get the bulb

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the replies.... I guess I was also sorta wondering if the Beseler would be a better investment, in the sense that it was a LOT better enlarger... I have no experience with them I DO like my Durst, btw... But, of course, if another enlarger would greatly improve my finished prints, I'd be willing to go that route.... Anyways, I'm ordering some bulbs for my M601, so I'll stick with that, at least for the meantime...

Thanks again for the info all...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also have an M601 and when I saw this post it got me wondering about the bulb. A PH211 is easily available at either of the two retailers below.

B&H Photo
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Adorama
    http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/de...archinfo=ph211

I recently bought a used Beseler 23C II only for the reason to have the capability to do 6x7 negs which my Mamiya RB67 puts out.
    I won't be buying a Beseler branded bulb for it if I should ever need one $$$...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...p_for_Old.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also you can find enlarger bulbs at one of our Sponsor's FreeStyle.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you don't need to handle negs larger than 6x6 the Durst is just as good as any MF Beseler. With the possible exception that a Beseler (depending on the model) may be able to make slightly larger prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Check out this 8 Watt LED!

Sylvania Product Item #: 98941 | Model #: 78493

Available at most "home" stores. It works great in my Durst. So bright you can't look into it.
    Gun Control is like: Reducing drunk driving by making it harder for SOBER people to buy cars.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin