Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,484   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The lamp socket has two contacts. Although they may not appear burnt, many times, they have built up enough oxidation that resistance may be higher than should. When this happens, with high current going though, extra heat will build up and the result is - shorter life of bulbs.

Since you say the bulb lasted 4 minutes (meaning a while), I suspect this may be the case. The real fix is to replace the socket. You can try cleaning it but it is often hard to do it completely because of its cramped and near inaccessible configuration.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Where would I find a new bulb socket? Is it specific to the v35?

Bodies: 1DIII, RZ ProII, Walker Titan 45
    Other: CanoScan 8800F

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    to bring back an old thread, weve isolated the problem to the transformer from our tests with a multimeter...anyone can help with replacing or fixing it?

Bodies: 1DIII, RZ ProII, Walker Titan 45
    Other: CanoScan 8800F

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If RobertV's 6+ amps is correct, then you just need to get a transformer with the same ratings (115VAC to 12VAC and at least 7 amps, I presume) and the same connections. The best source for that sort of thing in the States is Digi-Key or Newark Electronics. I suspect you can find a drop in replacement from that at a low price. If the transformer is blown, you need to replace it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin