Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,397   Online: 1067

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems like a good deal.

True, you can get an enlarger and good ones for $50 or less, and sometimes for free. BUT, all the miscellaneous stuff will cost plenty. Trays, timers, grain focuser if you want tone, tongs, etc, etc, etc, and soon, you'll be spending enough to go over this offer. I got my enlarger (D2 and D-II) for practically nothing but that was only a start. Before my darkroom was functional, I spent few hundred dollars.

Assuming everything passes your visual and possible functional testing, why not offer $200 and see if seller takes it?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you get this thing, it will fit in a compact car. Remove the base board AND the cold light. it's just held in place by gravity(or fear of falling)
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    So I came across a deal I couldn't pass up today.

Beseler 45 MXR with 4 lenses (2x50mm, 2x80mm), condenser head, 5 carriers (35mm, 6x4.5, 6x6, 6x9, 4x5), a few easels (including an adjustable one), 2 safelights, multiple filter sets, trays, tongs, grain focuser, various other darkroom gear for etc. Basically everything I'll need minus chemistry the look of it. $100 in total. Even includes some slightly older paper I can use while I get back up to speed.

Thank you to those who suggested waiting.

I'll need a longer lens and I'm not sure how well the 4x5 non-glass carrier will work, but I'm definitely happy with it over all. The carriers cover everything I shoot. The enlarger and lenses seem to be in good condition.

Evidently the guy bought it from local pro who went digital a few years ago for $100 and decided to pass it on for the same price. It blows away a few offers I almost went for previously. Now i just need to clean up a space in the garage and do a bit of light proofing and I should be set.

This will be the first time I set up a darkroom. I used one for a few years but this will be an interesting learning experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great find! Have fun setting it up.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Outstanding!!!
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    I'll need a longer lens and I'm not sure how well the 4x5 non-glass carrier will work,
    Most 4x5 film is on a stiff enough base to hold very well in a non-glass carrier. Unless you are projecting on the wall, your magnification ratio will be small enough that at f11 or f16 the negative will easily be all in focus unless the film has been creased or damaged.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Find out if the Aristo head is a VCL4500 complete with the power supply and is working. If so, that would be worth the price alone. The bulbs are not currently being made and run about $400 each. It takes a blue and green bulb which last a very long time. There have been a number of discussions regarding the comeback of the bulbs.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin