Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,914   Posts: 1,521,730   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agfa portriga

Shooter
    Medium Format

Agfa portriga

I just bought a several hundred sheets of 11x14 portriga from a local seller. I tried it last night and I'm very shocked at how great this paper is even after all these years (I think he bought most of it in 1984). I love the warm tones, and the way it accepts selenium toning is amazing.

So ... what modern paper is closes to this paper?

Shooter
    Medium Format

jealous

boy, i hope someone has the answer to your question - AND that there is an equivalent paper! portriga was a great paper as was agfa brovira!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's no similar paper because none use cadmium these days, as it's use is banned. Your lucky it's still OK, more modern Warm Tone papers including Record Rapid and Portriga after the late 1980's have poor keeping properties.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    No cadimuim can be used today so you can't paper of the likes of Portriga these days,great shame as it was a beautifuf warm paper, I have been trying to find a replacement ever since is was stopped, and the nearest I could find was Fomatone, although even that was not as good as the Agfa paper,Richard

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Portriga

Cherish it and use it wisely. I have a fair amount of 16x20 frozen that I use for contact printing 8x10 and it still prints beautifully. My next favorite current paper is the Ilford warmtone multigrade - but nothing made today compares to the old portriga.

Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    I just bought a several hundred sheets of 11x14 portriga from a local seller. I tried it last night and I'm very shocked at how great this paper is even after all these years (I think he bought most of it in 1984). I love the warm tones, and the way it accepts selenium toning is amazing.

So ... what modern paper is closes to this paper?
    fomabrom variant 123

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=1125

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was doing prints last night using the last of my Record Rapid 11x14 left over from from 1992 and crying with every sheet I used as my stach got depleated to about 10 sheets. I treasure it like gold.

Where did you buy that paper and does he have any more? I want, I need. Tell me he still has a nice load of it?

Now I know how heroin junkies feel at the end of their stash.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jelke View Post
    I am going to try this stuff, thanks. It sounds great, just like the AGFA 111 Record Rapid. I'll check to see if B&H carries it.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    I was doing prints last night using the last of my Record Rapid 11x14 left over from from 1992 and crying with every sheet I used as my stach got depleated to about 10 sheets. I treasure it like gold.

Where did you buy that paper and does he have any more? I want, I need. Tell me he still has a nice load of it?

Now I know how heroin junkies feel at the end of their stash.
    Sorry, I bought it all I have 2 full boxes of grade 1 which I've never printed. Not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dfoo View Post
    Sorry, I bought it all I have 2 full boxes of grade 1 which I've never printed. Not sure what I'm going to do with them.
    Guess you have to start over developing your film so that you can get negs contrasty enough to use with your great paper! Oh, the things we do...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin