Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,727   Online: 819

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Waddya do if the 4x5 box falls apart? A question I ask myself when I, too, use it all the time. Now the 35mm one can be replaced by the MF one or the 4x5, the MF by the 4x5, but what replaces the 4x5? As we DeVeristas know those diffusion boxes aren't easily obtained these days.

Just a paranoid thought ;-)

Ross

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ross,

I was quoted 90 GBP for a replacement 4x5" diffusion box.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew4x5 View Post
    Putting in a pair of 150W bulbs in a 600W head would work, and, being of equal wattage, they would not upset the green/blue balance. (Whereas putting 300W bulbs in a 300W head would overheat and damage the head). The bulb has to be 120V. There appear to be two bulbs: ESD and EZK, I'm not sure which is the correct one.
    I once measured the relative intensities of the boxes. The 6x7 box is only half a stop brighter than the 4x5 one, and the the 35mm box is only twice as bright. So like the others, I only use the 4x5 box.

Andrew
    I've heard the intensity of the blue in the blue channel is more correct with 300w bulbs, as the light itself has blue color in it. In other words the 300 w bulbs are able to produce better contrast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin