Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,484   Online: 1076

Thread: 5x7 enlarger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

5x7 enlarger

I was wondering if anyone knows of some enlargers that can enlarge 5x7 negatives. Manufacturer, model, avg./approx. cost, and/or any other info. would be greatly appreciated.
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    5x7 enlargers have been made by any number of manufacturers. Some of the most common names are Durst, Elwood, Omega, although others certainly exist. My only experience is with the Durst which is a wonderful machine and came in a number of configurations. Check Ebay, as usual. They show up with some frequency. It's a buyer's market. Prices may range between $200 and $2000, but generally fall below $1000. Condition and location are the usual deal-breakers. Whatever you do decide to get, make sure it's complete, i.e., with negative carrier, condensers, baseboard, etc. Spares are available, but you can spend as much on a negative carrier as on the whole enlarger these days.

Will
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    Multi Format

5x7 enlarger

There is a Beseler 5x7 enlarger with coldlight head currently offered on ebay. I purchased one of these on ebay for $125.00 and used it for a while, the only complaint I had was the limited elevation.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have a Durst 138 and a Durst 138 S models (both 5X7) that are surplus in my possession for sale. If you are interested let me know by PM. These are both used and in excellent condition. The difference between the two is that the S model does have foot assisted baseboard movement.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi -
    i use an omega e4 - it has the ROUND lightsource
    there is also the e3 - it has a SQUARE lightsource.

while they are similar enlargers, the e3 has a shuttered lens because the lightsource must remain ON all the time. the e4 uses a circline fluorescent bulb. they came as cold light enlargers ( omegalite ), but sometimes you can get lucky and find a e5 condensor head for them.

there is a company in canada http://www.khbphotografix.com/ - is an omega distributer & can fabricate parts & repair if needed. for example, i needed a new negative carrier - machined metal, tiny parts & glass. they were going to make me one NEW for $40 us.

good luck!

-john
    Last edited by jnanian; 08-25-2004 at 01:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: can't spell fluorescent :)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin