Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,763   Online: 857

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The fundamental difference between the StopClock 500 and the Analyser 500 is that the latter includes an exposure meter with our patented grey scale display. There's a product comparison table on our web site which lists all the differences.

My usual recommendation is buy the StopClock if you want to squeeze every drop from a negative with several exposures, or buy an Analyser if you want high quality prints from a number of negatives with the least effort.

Remember that the 500 products can only be used with the Ilford Multigrade 500 system and no others!
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hmho View Post
    .....Resummerfield, would you care to say why you prefer to use the split printing (double exposure) method? You don't have problems with repeatability in terms of dodging or burning? And presumably you don't find it a cumbersome process?.......
    I find I can get the optimum print grade faster using the split printing method. If you keep notes of times and filter settings, repeating the settings are easy.

There is so much information on APUG about split printing..... enough to fill a large book! Do an advanced search for "split printing" and be prepared to read for hours. After I developed the required habits and techniques, I can achieve a better print, and with less effort, than I can with the single filter method.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin