Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,409   Online: 1114

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    I have a Valoy II and it is a great enlarger, and can often be found for relatively little. I have no problems created by the glass pressing on the neg, and noticed from the beginning how sharp the projected negative is. I have the standard, not the the frosted condenser, and have never had any problem with Newton's rings, or dust projected into the image. I take reasonable care and do not worry about anything being immaculate, and I don't think my standards are that low!

I use my aligned Beseler 45-VXL to make contact sheets and for printing larger negatives. It does a good job with 35, but between the two the Valoy II is really a pleasure to use.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    If you wish for optimal quality, then two sheets of glass is a virtual requirement, regardless of format. ...
    Less so with small formats, but yes.
    I'll deal with the dust. It's much easier to deal with than popping negatives!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin