Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,227   Online: 817

Thread: what is this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

what is this?

this is a besseler, but I don't know what model or what size negative it can enlarge. does anyone have more info. on it?

Images
    Looks like a besseler 23c with it's head tilted back for wall projection. There is a release just under the head that will allow you to tilt the head downward to project on the baseboard.

It will handle negs up to 6x9.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    strange looking negative stage, it could also be an early 45mx. but as the above reply indicates, it has been tilted to project against the wall. Diffently a beseler, if i remember correctly the "blue version" was an anniversity production run.

Images
    Lower the head, release catch and tilt the head forward. I'll bet it will look like a plain old run of the mill 23c.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Good Afternoon,

It's not a 45M; I'd agree with the 23C ID.

Konical

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's an old Beseler 23C. I just converted one for a 4x5 cold light. IT'll do 6x9s and if you have to push it and don't mind some clipping at the corners, maybe 4x5s too. The slide is for VC filters or a safe red filter made by Beseler.

Nice old enlarger, very reliable.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Are you planning to use that enlarger? If you are and want a safe red filter just e-mail me with your address? I have an extra to spare.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep. that's a Beseler23 c II! I have one just like it. Your pics show it with it's head tilted back to project on the wall! It looks like the head is raised all the way up. It will have to be lowered to change it's orientation! You can download a manual for it at
    http://www.darkroompro.com/

Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin