Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,933   Online: 828

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    aristo also sells a dimmer that can reduce your output.

sorry i forgot the link

http://www.aristogrid.com/prod02CA_750.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Don't you have an under the lens filter arm?... put your ND filter there or just tape it on for now. Otherwise get another plastic difuser which will cut your light by another 2 stops.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks jnanian for the link. When I saw your first post I assumed you were suggesting an electrical kluge of some kind. But the dimmer in the link looks like it was made for my unit. Is the standard Omega cold light indeed an Aristo unit?

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jon,

Do you have the "Omegalite" or do you have one of the cold lights which have been made (Aristo, Zone VI, etc.) to fit the Omega?

-Will
    My Verito page

Anyone can appreciate a fine print. But it takes a real photographer to appreciate a fine negative.

Shooter
    35mm
    I took a gander - it is an Omega condensor head with an Aristo cold light insert.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jon koss
    Thanks jnanian for the link. When I saw your first post I assumed you were suggesting an electrical kluge of some kind. But the dimmer in the link looks like it was made for my unit. Is the standard Omega cold light indeed an Aristo unit?

Jon

hi jon

i have one of these dimmers and i use it pretty often. the aristo cold light that i have is the high output light ( HI ) and they don't kid around when they say twice the light. most of my negatives are a bit thin because i have been using a condensor for the better part of 20 years - so i got the dimmer to help me with my film that isn't fit for a cold light head

- - john

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a dimmer available as I sold my D2.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks - please send a message and let me know the details.

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Wow - under the theory that the best solution, even if it costs a bit more, will pay for itself in saved time and materials, I just took delivery of the Aristo dimmer. Super well built unit. Switching between paper speeds will now be zero headache. Many thanks for all of the suggestions.

Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you can find ND filter in a large enough size, you could cut a circle of it to fit above the diffuser filter. Or, get some grey plastic at a local plastic store & have them cut a circle of it to replace the diffuser.

If the change needed is small enough, you might be able to get away with a second diffuser disk to cut the intensity.

Charlie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin