Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,549,026   Online: 950

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Bargain of the Century?

I have just bought a Meopta Opemus 6 enlarger for £10 and a Nikkor 80mm lens for £20 off an old boy in my camera club who has gone digital. The thing has hardly been used as he also has a Durst of some description.

Anyone used one of these and is it a good enlarger that will do me fine through my 35mm phase and up to MF or is it worth continuing to look for something else in the meantime?
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Images
    I have an opemus 6a with a color head. It is a capable enlarger, very study. That is a very good bargain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Meopta 5a with colour head, although I had a few teething problems it's now working beautifully and I love using it.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/8213-meopta-opemus-5a-enlarger.html

"Bargain of the Century?" - sure looks like it with darkroom equipment these days. I don't think your going to need look for something else.

Good luck and don't forget to post those results

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm setting it up tonight and will be printing some APUG birthday shots so will be posting over the weekend.
    [size=1]the all new darkplanet photoblog[/size][size=1]
    [/size]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i've got one too - with the normal condenser head. It's great - the only thing to look out for is, as they get worn the friction-type focusing control tend to slaken a bit, so make sure you check your focus before each time you expose. I found the baseboard conected to the column was a little wobbly too, so I've wall mounted mine - has made all the difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Think my wife might complain if I wall mount to the kitchen wall, but I'll do that when I get a real darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sparx

Thats good news but you should be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of other peoples mis-fortunes

Maybe we should have another get together soon and I'll bring some of my work this time. The Norfolk Arm rules!

Tony

If you had the facility to mount a mixer/blender head on it she wouldn't mind

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [QUOTE=sparx]I have just bought a Meopta Opemus 6 enlarger for £10 and a Nikkor 80mm lens for £20 off an old boy in my camera club who has gone digital. [QUOTE]

I have heard of perfectly good enlarging equipment being chucked into a skip because nobody was interested in it, even as a giveaway.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Think my wife might complain if I wall mount to the kitchen wall, but I'll do that when I get a real darkroom.
    A kitchen is a real darkroom, put to the wrong use.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    I have heard of perfectly good enlarging equipment being chucked into a skip because nobody was interested in it, even as a giveaway.
    tell me about it roy. I know someone who works at the greenwich maritime museum - they have a massive archive of maritime related negatives there and used to have a darkroom wiht full time worker making prints to order - anything from half frame 35mm to 8x10s ... they went digital recently and just chucked out all the darkroom stuff - can you believe that??? I coudl have done so much with it all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin