Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,428   Online: 948

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you get the same results if you eliminate the enlarger from the equation -- say by making a contact print with a non-enlarger light source?
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Good suggestions all - I really appreciate them. Filter degradation on the blue-filtered lamp would certainly account for it. Unfortunately, the Ilford MG head doesn't produce white light under any circumstances so I can't use separate filters. I also had a thought that perhaps the lamp holder on the blue lamp needs replacing. I'll try putting a meter across the terminals later and see if it tells me anything. It must be either the process or the enlarger and I'll have to identify which. I'd rather be out taking photographs - but it's a little pointless until I get this sorted!

Thanks again

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

compare the highlight density of your neg with the step wedge. You will know if it the negative or the paper. At least close.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You have Glycin, why not just make some 130? I pump up the carbonate to 80g/ liter of anhydrous and replace the bromide with 15cc of 1% benzotriazole solution. Soup at 1+3, 73 deg. and you'll get all the contrast you can handle..EC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin