Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,007   Online: 851

Thread: Omega B600

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega B600

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for my question, so if not; moderator, please move it to the proper forum. And now for the question: I am considering going back to an entirely analog process from my present hybrid method. I sold my enlarger (Omega B22XL) a number of years ago when a downsize was necessary. An Omega B600 has just become available at a very reasonable price. I shoot 645, 6X6, 6X9 and 35mm. Is the B600 a reasonable interim option? Appreciate any input.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its good up to 6x6 or 6x7(cant remember), so 6x9 would be a problem. I suppose you could get by with one until you find a bigger machine to handle 6x9, like a beseler 23c II or such.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The B600 is limited to a maximum negative size of 6x6, and has a non-removeable lensboard.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone shooting the variety of formats you shoot.

A Beseler 23C series enlarger would give you the 6x9 capacity you may need.

EDIT: Here is KHB's page on the B600:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...inued/B600.htm
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for your answers. I kind of thought that might be the case. I will pass on this one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a 4x5 enlarger if you have space for it. They aren't any more expensive than most MF models and it's just a short matter of time until the LF bug hits.

If it must be a MF enlarger, I would stay away from the B600. OTOH, they have been known to sell for $30 - which does sort of enhance their appeal.
    Last edited by Nicholas Lindan; 03-12-2011 at 03:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys,

When you see a spammer, don't comment on it or communicate with them, just report the post. That function is the little exclamation point on the lower left of a post. Thanks everybody.

J

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Jason.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, will do.
    Gerry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin