Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,596   Online: 1291

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the awesome link and to MichaelR for compiling it! Of course, I'm a bit embarrassed that I didn't do the search myself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    Michael

you simply have nothing concrete.. To Me.. anyways to add here on APUG.
    Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Michael, more so than anyone else on APUG during his time here, has gone out of his way to help me with various questions and issues I have experienced in developing film and making prints. He has done so on the forum and via private messages and e-mails. He has even sent me some materials free of charge when I had a need. His post are always logical, accurate, based on facts and well written. I SUBSCRIBE to his post. My photography is better for it. Thank you, Michael.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Revering the darkroom as a mystical place is as much of a detriment as revering a camera as a mystical object.

My darkroom is a place where I can work alone, listen to loud music, and slosh paper around in chemicals. I assisted a professor at my school last year teaching a bunch of art school sophomores in an Intro to Photography course. I banished everything they were taught in high school, and told them not to think of their silver prints as being any different in the end than an inkjet print or what have you. They were split-grading and bleaching and toning in less than a month.

Their work got better...and there were fewer dust spots and scratches...and there was much rejoicing.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Revering the darkroom as a mystical place is as much of a detriment as revering a camera as a mystical object.

My darkroom is a place where I can work alone, listen to loud music, and slosh paper around in chemicals. I assisted a professor at my school last year teaching a bunch of art school sophomores in an Intro to Photography course. I banished everything they were taught in high school, and told them not to think of their silver prints as being any different in the end than an inkjet print or what have you. They were split-grading and bleaching and toning in less than a month.

Their work got better...and there were fewer dust spots and scratches...and there was much rejoicing.
    I've been working in darkrooms, at a college, in a friend's and in my own for 16 years. During that time I've come to think of them as mystical, not because of any techniques but because it's a place where I can work alone, listen to loud music, and slosh paper around in chemicals. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dougherty View Post
    I've been working in darkrooms, at a college, in a friend's and in my own for 16 years. During that time I've come to think of them as mystical, not because of any techniques but because it's a place where I can work alone, listen to loud music, and slosh paper around in chemicals. =)

That's the kind of voodoo magic I like, Shawn!
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Bob. I am going to suggest to the folks in our film group that we (a) read your lists and (b) each try to write out our individual processes . I found your ideas very helpful.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I found out a pretty nice trick yesterday. If you don't have a cap or lost your cap for a nikor tank, a kodak lid will fit perfect. The lids off the hc110 and photoflo are the ones. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kkpf200p.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	82597

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin