Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,603   Online: 1124

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Colour head for Omega D2

I've just been given an Omega D2 with the variable condensor head and 3 lenses (28, 50, 75). It's set up for 35mm, but looks like it has the 4x5 condensors. I'd like to put a colour head on it to make Ilfochromes, although my primary printing will be B&W.
    Will a Super Chromega head fit on it, as I'm seeing one on E bay for a good price?

Now I need to pick up lens that will cover 4x5 and a neg carrier for 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Super Chromega D head on my Omega. I'm not sure but I think the "D" designation is for 4x5.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Omega 4x5 Colour Head.jpg  
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    4x5 Format

omega D2

I'M not sure ether, but there someone who can answer that question for you. His name is Harry Talyer he owns Classic Enlargers his phone # is 1-203-329-9228. He use to work for them as an enginer and after retirement he started this co. He may even be able to help you with the coler head.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Join Harry Taylor's Omega enlarger forum at www.classic-enlargers.com, and all questions will be answered. I believe you can put a Super Chromega II D head on a D-2 if you change the lifter arms, which are a bit different on the later enlargers than on the D-II and D-2.

If you have the variable condensor head (D-2V), then there is only one set of condensors. You change the position of the lens in the middle, I believe, for different focal lengths.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the link, I'll look there. The pic looks like what I want to do, so it seems possible right now. Yes, It's a D2 V enlarger. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I checked out Harry's forum and he said that yes, it will fit. Thanks for pointing me to the forum.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin